By The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, March 27, 2014
The quotation below is from a very good article that provides an overview of the health and fitness benefits of exercise.
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Getting to, and staying at, a healthy weight requires both regular physical activity and a healthy eating plan.”
Here’s the link to the article:
They also categorize the benefits, with links, so that you can access more information from their extensive collection.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help:
- Control your weight
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health and mood
- Improve your ability to do daily activities and prevent falls, if you're an older adult
- Increase your chances of living longer”
Find this interesting? Share this with your friends and family - let them know!